Friday, November 4, 2011

Ava




I am a bit delirious still from lack of sleep, but I felt the need to tell you all about the newest change in my life.

Yesterday I had an appointment with my dr. and her estimate was 2 weeks left for miss Ava to get here. Well, she quickly changed that answer to "sometime in the next 48 hours" when she checked me. I went home and had small contractions for a while, so I packed up bags and waited for Chad to get home; I knew he would rather take me there to be safe so I wanted to have everything I needed with me.

Honestly? I started having a lot of doubts in my abilities while I sat at home, waiting for all of this to happen. All I could think was that I was going to be a mom very soon, and there was so much that I hadn't done yet, that I should have already...so I started having that terrible mom syndrome. I guess pregnancy makes me extra over emotional? Anyway...

We checked in the emergency room, and they sent me over to the maternity ward, to be checked and...they decided to keep me! Needless to say it took so long to get to where I needed to be to have her. I was pretty good to go once they got that epidural in my system though; I thought I wasn't going to be able to handle it, but my contractions were so bad that I didn't even feel the needle! Such a plus!

Anyway, to spare all of the yucky details, Ava decided to get here at 2:31 am this morning(November 3rd) in all of her 5 pound 14 ounce glory. She is such a tiny little thing.

You know what's crazy though? Any doubt that I had about my abilities melted away as soon as I saw her. She's absolutely beautifully perfect in every way...such a mom thing to say right?

I couldn't have asked for a better man to have a baby with. Chad took such good care of me and constantly kept checking on me, and you know what? I think he fell harder in love with that little girl than he did with me...it was awesome.

I'm going to go back to sitting here in the hospital, but I thought I'd share a bit of my past two days, since they are for sure going to affect the rest of my life.

4 comments:

  1. YAY! congrats!!! Being a mom is the most wonderful, scary, challenging, rewarding, frustrating, lovely, amazing journey I have ever experinced... and its only been 3 years!! soak everything in! and remember this (my mom tells me this ALL THE TIME!) most things are "just a phase" everything always changes. so make sure you find the beauty even in the hard times (when shes screaming for an hour at 3 am, poop everywhere, and starving!) because they will quickly change and you will miss them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be crazy, but I am excited, for all of it. The good, the bad, the crazy...it's all going to be worth it, and I will keep reminding myself that. lol...it's not hard to remember though, I have a beautiful reminder =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing!!!!! I can't be more happy for you love! Give Ava a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I need to start religiously writing in a journal again, just so I will have all of these special moments to look back on later =)
    Thank you chet, I will. lol

    ReplyDelete